Epoxy and Polymer Modified Cementitious Flooring: 2mm (EN 1504-02)
Cemprotec E-Floor is a major advancement in flooring technology, incorporating the benefits of copolymer and epoxy resin technologies into a self smoothing, water based, cementitious system. This chemical combination gives a hard, durable 2mm thick coating with excellent resistance to abrasion, water, chloride ions and aggressive chemicals for the protection of concrete floors and decks subject to trafficking in the most demanding internal and external environments.
When mixed, Cemprotec E-Floor exhibits a high degree of flow to enable ease of application by pouring or pumping techniques to give a smooth surface coating. It hydrates rapidly to form a dense, hard wearing, durable coating, which exhibits both polymeric and resinous properties, ensuring low permeability to water and long term performance. Cemprotec E-Floor can be reinforced with Cemprotec 2000-S tape to accommodate movement over cracks and around joints where further movement is expected.
- Pre-packaged material only requiring mixing on site.
- A unique blend of surfactants gives high flow to enable fast and easy application.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance. Resistant to a range of chemicals including hydrogen sulphide.
- Can be applied without risk of osmotic blistering to “green” concrete, wet substrates or floors with no effective waterproofing membrane.
- Excellent adhesion to dry or damp cementitious substrates.
- Hydrates to give high early strengths, enabling rapid reinstatement of traffic.
- Water based product, cures without the release of hazardous solvents. Equipment easily cleaned with water.
- Dense matrix offers low permeability to water, even at 10 bar positive and negative pressure, and very high diffusion resistance to chlorides and oxygen.
- Easily treated with resin coatings or overlayed with wood flooring, carpets or tiles.
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 2. Compliant with LU Standard 1-085 ‘Fire Safety Performance of Materials’.
The floor coating shall be a two component, epoxy and cementitious modified polymer coating, incorporating metakaolin, fibre, epoxy and styrene acrylic copolymer technology. It shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-2, and shall comply with the following performance specification:
- Suitable for application onto “green” concrete and wet floor substrates without risk of osmotic blistering
- Impermeable to water under 10 bar hydrostatic pressure such that a 2mm coating is equivalent to 2310mm of concrete
- Categorised as resistant to severe abrasion in accordance with BS 8204 Part 2
- Compressive strength at 20°C of at least 8 MPa in 4 hours and 55 MPa in 28 days.
Browse through some of the projects we’ve completed using Cemprotec E-Floor.
Project Location: Espoo Motor Centre, Finland
Protection of garage and vehicle repair concrete floors totalling 1,100m².
Project Location: Bronda Corner, Helsinki, Finland
Flexcrete’s Cemprotec E-Floor, a hard-wearing coating for concrete floors, was chosen to protect 600m² parking hall.
Flexcrete CPD Presentations
If you would like to find out more about Cemprotec E-Floor, and Flexcrete's other Products why not arrange a CPD Presentation.