Class R2 Fairing Coat (EN1504-3)
Monolevel FC is an engineering quality fairing coat for filling minor blow holes and defects, and for repairing surface imperfections. Monolevel FC can be used in thin screed applications to level both vertical and horizontal concrete surfaces and to reinstate cover while providing a fair faced anti-carbonation finish.
Monolevel FC is a single component, thixotropic, polymer modified, cementitious mortar with high adhesive properties, allowing it to be used as a thin screed, as well as a filler for filling minor voids and defects to provide a fair faced finish. It incorporates the most advanced microsilica, fibre and polymer technology, curing to provide enhanced freeze/thaw resistance and protection from the ingress of water, acid gases and chlorides. The product is supplied as a single component system requiring only the addition of clean water.
- Incorporates the latest proven cement chemistry, microsilica, fibre and styrene acrylic copolymer technology
- Pre-packaged material requiring mixing with clean water on-site to give an adhesive mortar which can be rapidly applied in vertical and horizontal situations by brush, bag-rubbing, trowel or spray techniques
- High bond strength exceeds tensile strength of concrete, thus ensuring monolithic performance of the repair
- Dense matrix provides excellent protection from ingress of acid gases, moisture and chlorides
- Non-toxic when cured
- Economic mortar requiring no substrate or inter-layer priming. Part bags can be mixed. Suitable for feather edging
- Suitable as an exposed external finish without further protection or coating
- Easily overcoated with specialist membranes to provide further protection and aesthetic quality.
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 3. Fully complies with the Highways Agency Standard BD 27/86 for the repair of Highway Structures. Compliant with LU Standard 1-085 ‘Fire Safety Performance of Materials’.
The fairing coat shall be a single component, thixotropic, polymer modified cementitious repair mortar with high adhesive properties. It shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-3 Class R2 and shall comply with the following performance specification:
- Suitable for use on both horizontal and vertical surfaces without the need for a primer
- Suitable for use as an exposed external finish without further protection or coating
- Compressive strength at 20°C of at least 20 MPa in 1 day and 51 MPa in 28 days.
Browse through some of the projects we’ve completed using Monolevel FC.
Project Location: Moor Hall, Aughton, Lancashire
Flexcrete has provided a rendering, damp-proofing and protective coating solution for Moor Hall fine dining restaurant in Aughton, Lancashire.
Project Location: 6 Talbot Square, London
Flexcrete’s fairing coat and ecorative coating were chosen as part of a full repair and restoration solution to enhance the façade of a grade II listed residential property in London.
Flexcrete CPD Presentations
If you would like to find out more about Monolevel FC, and Flexcrete's other Products why not arrange a CPD Presentation.