Water-based Flexible Decorative Coating (EN1504-2)
Monodex Ultra is a technically advanced, minimal VOC, water-based decorative coating which protects against carbonation and water ingress without entrapping moisture. It is fast drying for year round use externally with excellent fire performance characteristics for internal use. Monodex Ultra prevents water ingress and resists the growth of mould and fungi, making it the ideal low cost coating for new build and maintenance projects.
Monodex Ultra is a one component, decorative coating which offers an economic solution for the protection of buildings and other structures with a service life up to 10 years. To inhibit the growth of mould and lichen, it contains an active biocide which is retained in-film. Elastomeric properties permit substrate movement and bridging of hairline cracks. Adhesion is excellent to mineral substrates and other commonly encountered building materials.
Monodex Ultra is cost effective for internal use and for the external decorative protection of facades, soffits and the elevations of structures in temperate and tropical climates. Monodex Ultra can be applied using Graco Pumps (see the Airless Spraying of Decorative Protective Coatings Membranes Graco Pumps).
- Advanced copolymer formulation with excellent adhesion and resistance to weathering.
- Arrests carbonation in reinforced concrete structures through high diffusion resistance to carbon dioxide.
- Vapour permeable nature allows damp substrates to breathe and dry out without blistering of the coating.
- Durable barrier to rainwater ingress with Inherent flexibility to resist substrate hairline cracking.
- Active encapsulated in-film biocide inhibits the growth of mould, mildew and lichens.
- Two coats can be applied during one working day, with year round application possible.
- Environmentally friendly, minimal VOC, low hazard, water based product with no flash point.
- Produces a matt finish and is available in a range of attractive colours (see Flexcrete Coatings Colour Chart).
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 2.
The anti-carbonation coating shall be a single component, waterproof coating incorporating a n active biocide that is retained in-film. It shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-2 and shall comply with the following performance specification:
- Water vapour transmission no greater than 20g/m²/day in accordance with BS EN ISO 7783-2
- Permeability to Carbon Dioxide no greater than 2.94 x 10-7 cm2/s in accordance with EN 1062-6 (equivalent concrete thickness of 500mm and equivalent air layer thickness 201m at 132μm dry film thickness).