High Performance Liquid Roofing System
Roofdex HB is a waterborne, high build, elastomeric, cold fluid applied liquid roofing membrane system which incorporates unique in-film protectant technology. Designed for the weatherproof protection of both flat and pitched roofs, it is especially suited for use in hot, humid, tropical climates due to its ability to reflect sunlight and withstand extreme temperature ranges from -50°C. to +80°C without deterioration.
Roofdex HB maintains a wet edge even in direct sunlight and will effectively waterproof structures for many years, whilst also reducing heat build-up and energy consumption. Rapidly applied by brush, roller or airless spray in a cold fluid form, there are absolutely no fire risks during application and it cures to form a completely seamless membrane. The formulation is water-based with ultra-low VOC levels, which means it is environmentally friendly, releasing no hazardous solvents or strong odour during application.
Roofdex HB is suited for both refurbishment and new build projects, with compatibility to a wide range of roofing substrates including asphalt, felt and cementitious roofs. A range of systems can be created; it can be used unreinforced for the ultimate in cost-effective waterproofing, or it can be reinforced with various grades of glass fibre matting systems to provide long-term weatherproofing. It is available in solar reflective white to reduce energy consumption, as well as reducing air conditioning costs. Supplied as a single pack product, Roofdex HB requires no complex mixing on-site.
- Applied in a cold, fluid form – no fire risks and cures to form a completely seamless, waterproof membrane.
- Single pack with no mixing required.
- Environmentally friendly, ultra low VOC, curing without releasing hazardous solvents or heavy odour.
- Elastomeric and able to tolerate thermal and substrate movement and extreme temperature ranges without degrading.
- When specified in solar reflective white, reduces energy consumption, heat build-up and Urban Heat Island (UHI) effect.
- Compatibility with a wide range of new or existing flat or pitched roofs. Excellent adhesion to cementitious and bituminous roofs.
- Vapour permeable, allowing the release of substrate moisture
- Readily accepts the addition of reinforcement either locally over joints, or overall if required for supreme tensile strength.
- Exceptional resistance to accelerated weathering – in tests Roofdex HB has shown no signs of deterioration after 15,000 QUV-B weathering.
- Achieves the best possible fire rating (EXT.F.AA) when tested to BS 476: Part 3:2004.
Roofdex HB can be applied using Graco Pumps (see Airless Spraying of Decorative Protective Coatings & Membranes ).
The roof coating shall be a vapour permeable, minimal VOC rated styrene acrylic coating with inherent protection against biofilm attack. It shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-2, and shall comply with the following performance specification:
- Tensile elongation (unreinforced membrane) of at least 500% in accordance with BS 903-A2
- Tensile strength of reinforced system (utilising 225gsm glass fibre matting) of at least 16.6 MPa in accordance with BS 903-A2
- Water vapour transmission no greater than 17g/m²/day in accordance with BS EN ISO 7783-2.
Find A Roofdex HB Stockist