Intermediate Crack-Bridging Filler and Coating (EN1504-2)
Monodex ICB is an elastomeric, intermediate, water-based crack-bridging filler and coating which is designed for use where enhanced crack-bridging properties are required. It is capable of bridging existing cracks up to 1mm and also acts as a filler for pores, cavities and blowholes.
Supplied as a ready-mixed paste for ease of use, it is highly cost-effective and can be applied straight onto the substrate as no primers are required. Monodex ICB also has excellent anti-carbonation properties, and therefore offers enhanced performance and even greater anti-carbonation protection when used in conjunction with Monodex Smooth, Monodex Textured, Monodex Ultra or Monodex UVC.
As Monodex ICB is water-based, it has minimal VOC levels and releases ultra-low odour during application, making it ideal for use in sensitive or enclosed environments. Typical applications include outdoor exposed concrete surfaces with a high risk of cracking, commercial buildings, residential housing, hotels, offices and industrial buildings and fast-track construction or refurbishment projects.
- Versatile, trowel applied or diluted with water for roller and spray application. Mixed with sand as a mortar.
- Water-based and low odour, curing rapidly without the release of hazardous solvents.
- Active encapsulated in-film biocide inhibits the growth of mould, mildew and lichens.
- Fills cracks, pores, cavities and blowholes. High solids content minimises shrinkage in deeper applications.
- Economic material requiring no substrate or inter-layer priming. Can be applied to existing paint finishes.
- Excellent crack-bridging properties even at temperatures as low as -20ºC.
- Able to bridge cracks and joints up to 1mm.
- High diffusion resistance to carbon dioxide, enhancing the anti-carbonation performance.
- Low water vapour diffusion resistance allows damp substrates to breathe and dry out without blistering.
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 2.
The intermediate, crack-bridging coating shall have a water-based, low-odour formulation and shall be supplied as a ready-mix paste. It shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-2 and shall comply with the following performance specification:
- Static crack bridging categorisation of A1 in accordance with EN 1062-7 (1mm at 20°C)
- Permeability to Carbon Dioxide such that the equivalent air layer thickness is 417m at 600μm dry film thickness, in accordance with EN 1062-6
- Touch dry within 3 hours and through dry within 24 hours.