Water-based Elastomeric Anti-Bacterial & Antimicrobial Coating
Biodex HB Overview
Biodex HB is a highly elastomeric, high build hygiene coating for use in the most demanding service conditions. Inherently tough and permanently flexible, it is the ideal choice where substrate movement is anticipated, or where it is appropriate to impart additional tensile strength with overall reinforcement. Producing a full matt, low glare finish which is ideal for hospital operating theatres, Biodex HB benefits from the latest dual action mechanism to protect against the growth of micro-organisms and to provide added protection from germs. Biodex HB is a safe, non-leaching biostatic formulation suited for food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Biodex HB membrane is a high build surface coating formulated to meet the needs of every hygiene sensitive environment. It is applied to walls and ceilings to prevent the growth of mould and bacteria in food preparation or production areas, brewing and beverage industries, hospitals, the pharmaceutical industry and in kitchens or bathrooms.
Biodex HB membrane is manufactured in a wide range of attractive colours for high quality, durable decoration even in conditions of high humidity or extremes of temperature.
Biodex HB Advantages
- Unique dual action in-film protection combined with silver chloride technology.
- Independently tested against a wide range of challenge micro-organisms.
- Totally non-toxic, non-leaching and non-tainting formulation.
- Vapour permeable to allow substrate moisture to escape.
- High build matt finish coating with very high tensile elongation.
- Permanently elastomeric and ideally suited for overall reinforcement.
- Safe, water-based, low odour, minimal VOC coating – wash equipment in water.
- Durable, low maintenance coating, easy to maintain and refurbish.
- High opacity gives excellent obliteration to cover underlying colours.
- Available in a wide range of attractive colours – click below to see the range available: Flexcrete Coatings Colour Chart
Within Healthcare Biodex HB is suitable for use in:
Category 1 – Operating Rooms, Aseptic Rooms
Category 2 – Food Pepration Areas, Laundry
Category 3 – Sterilising Rooms, Utility Areas, Post Operative Recovery Area, Corridors
Category 4 – Bathrooms
Category 5 – Wards, Reception Areas
Category 6 – Changing Rooms, Offices
Biodex HB can be applied using Graco Pumps – see link below for further guidance: Airless Spraying of Decorative Protective Coatings & Membranes
The anti-microbial coating shall be a non-toxic, non-leaching biostatic coating incorporating in-film protection and a silver ion component. It shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-2, and shall comply with the following performance specification:
- Elongation at break at 245μm / 20°C of at least 519% in accordance with BS903 Part A2
- Water vapour transmission no greater than 17g/m²/day in accordance with BS EN ISO 7783-2
- Service temperature of -50°C to+80°C.