High Performance, Flexible Waterborne Textured Coating (EN1504-2)
Monodex Textured is a highly engineered, waterborne, single component, acrylic-based decorative wall coating with an attractive textured finish. Due to its high build, textured composition, it is ideal for use on buildings and other structures which have a rough, uneven finish with surface defects and imperfections. Monodex Textured will effectively disguise any defects and provide walls with a uniform appearance, vastly improving the aesthetic appearance of buildings.
As well as having an attractive textured finish, Monodex Textured is also highly protective. It waterproofs surfaces for at least 10 years, yet allows high levels of entrapped substrate moisture to escape without causing blistering or delamination. It also incorporates an advanced in-film, non-leaching biocide, inhibiting the growth of mould and algae for many years.
As well as being suitable for application to external substrates, Monodex Textured is equally suited for internal walls. The great advantage of Monodex Textured is that it is highly textured, and therefore able to hide many imperfections, yet it is very flexible and able to withstand substrate and thermal movement without cracking or flaking. Like other coatings in the Monodex range, Monodex Textured is a low hazard, waterborne product and cures without releasing hazardous solvents or heavy odour. With Monodex Textured, different finishes can be created using a variety of simple tools. For instance, diamond patterns, swirl designs or stippling effects are easily created due to the high build finish.
- Able to hide surface defects, scars, wall repairs and alterations, vastly improving the aesthetics of buildings.
- Incorporates a non-leaching biocide which combats the growth of mould, algae and lichens.
- Waterborne product, curing without the release of hazardous solvents or strong odour.
- Provides outstanding protection against water ingress, yet allows damp substrates to breathe and dry out without blistering.
- Long-lasting – designed to last at least 10 years before first maintenance is required.
- Elastomeric, allowing wall movement without chipping or flaking.
- Different textured effects can be created e.g. combed finish or stipple effect.
- Available in a range of standard colours and special colours made to order.
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 2.
The anti-carbonation coating shall be a single component, textured acrylic, waterproof coating incorporating a micropolymer, cross-linking resin binder. It shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-2 and shall comply with the following performance specification:
- Water vapour transmission no greater than 12g/m²/day in accordance with BS EN ISO 7783-2
- Liquid water permeability no greater than 0.06 kg/(m2.h0.5) in accordance with BS EN 1063-3: 1998
- No blistering, cracking or flaking after at least 2,000 hours QUV-B weathering in accordance with EN 1062-11.