Class R2 Lightweight Concrete Repair Mortar (EN1504-3)
Monolite is a lightweight, high build, shrinkage compensated, polymer modified mortar for the repair, rendering and profiling of concrete, brick or stone substrates.
Monolite is a single component cementitious mortar which incorporates the most advanced cement chemistry, microsilica, fibre and styrene acrylic copolymer technology. This results in a rapid hardening, low density mortar with enhanced polymer properties. The thixotropic nature of the product enables easy high build trowel application for the repair of voids and the rendering and re-profiling of both vertical and horizontal surfaces. The product is supplied as a single component system requiring only the addition of clean water.
- Incorporates the latest proven cement chemistry, microsilica, fibre and styrene acrylic copolymer technology
- Pre-packaged material requiring mixing with clean water to give an easily trowellable mortar with a maximum single application thickness of 100mm in vertical, horizontal and overhead situations
- High bond strength exceeds tensile strength of concrete, thus ensuring monolithic performance of the repair
- Improved tensile and impact strength. Excellent low sag properties
- Ideal for non-structural repairs and applications where additional dead load must be kept to a minimum
- Economic low density mortar generally requiring no substrate or inter-layer priming. Part bags can be mixed
- Easily overcoated with specialist membranes to provide further protection and aesthetic quality.
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 3. Fully complies with the Highways Agency Standard BD 27/86 for the repair of Highway Structures. Compliant with LU Standard 1-085 ’Fire Safety Performance of Materials’.
The repair mortar shall be a single component cementitious mortar, incorporating microsilica, fibre and styrene acrylic copolymer technology. It shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-3 Class R2, and comply with the following performance specification:
- 5-100mm application thickness in a single layer even overhead
- Compressive strength at 20°C of at least 13 MPa in 1 day and 30 MPa in 28 days
- Flexural strength at 28 days (28°C & 65% R.H) of at least 5.1 MPa in accordance with BS 4551.