Class R4 Rapid Setting Structural Repair Mortar (EN1504-03, DWI 31, WRAS, BBA)
Fastfill is a rapid setting, Portland cement-based structural mortar for the durable repair of concrete which cannot be taken out of service for long periods, or in areas subjected to heavy wear such as roads, runways, bridges, decks, floors and footpaths. Fastfill can be used as supplied or bulked out with sharp sand or aggregate.
Fastfill is a single component, polymer modified, fibre-reinforced, Portland cement based concrete repair compound, which is physically and chemically compatible with the host concrete. It exhibits unique hydraulic properties to produce a rapid curing mortar with enhanced polymeric properties and reliable strength development which is not significantly affected by low temperature use. Fastfill can be used as supplied up to 100mm deep, or can be bulked out with sharp sand or aggregate to a flowing consistency for floor or deck repairs up to maximum depth of 300mm.
- Reliable strength development, even at low temperature, gives rapid return to service.
- Pre-packaged material requiring mixing with clean water. Can be bulked out with sand or aggregate.
- High bond strength exceeds tensile strength of concrete, thus ensuring monolithic performance of the repair.
- Sets in 10 minutes at 20°C yielding a durable, high strength concrete repair mortar.
- Dense matrix resists 10 bar water pressure. Very high diffusion resistance to acid gases and chloride ions.
- Sulphate resistance to class DS-5/5m of BRE Special Digest 1 and ideally suited for sewage and wastewater applications.
- Portland cement base with physical properties of cured material similar to base concrete.
- Non-toxic when cured and is listed as authorised under Regulation 31 for use in the supply of drinking water.
- Economic mortar requiring no substrate or inter-layer priming. Part bags can be mixed.
- In cold temperatures Fastfill sets rapidly, see the: Application Guide: Cold Weather Working
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 3. Fully complies with the Highways Agency Standard BD 27/86 for the repair of Highway Structures. Authorised under Regulation 31 for use in the supply of drinking water. Approved by the BBA, Certificate No. 05/4276. Compliant with LU Standard 1-085 ‘Fire Safety Performance of Materials’.
The repair mortar shall be a single component, polymer modified, fibre-reinforced, Portland cement based repair compound, which is physically and chemically compatible with the host concrete. It shall be BBA Certified and CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-3 Class R4, and comply with the following performance specification:
- Ability to set in 10minutes at 20°C, achieving a compressive strength of at least 14 MPa in 1 hour and 60 MPa in 28 days
- Sulphate resistance to class DS-5/5m of BRE Special Digest 1
- Impermeable to water under 10 bar hydrostatic pressure such that 7.5mm of mortar is equivalent to 1000mm of concrete
- Oxygen diffusion coefficient to be no greater than 2.60 x 10-4 cm2/sec.