Clear Hydrophobic Impregnant
Monosil is a surface impregnant which can be applied to concrete, brick, stone, etc, to impart water and oil repellency. This helps protect the substrate from water and oil ingress and enhances freeze thaw resistance whilst enabling easier removal of oil, grease, paint, graffiti, etc. It is particularly suited to the treatment of car park decks and other trafficked areas where oil repellency is required.
Monosil is a mixture of silane, siloxane and synthetic resins, which in its concentrated form, as supplied, imparts maximum water and oil repellency to mineral substrates such as concrete, brick, stone, etc. Unlike traditional water-repellents, it offers multi-functional protection from water, oil, grease, paint, etc, thereby enabling easier cleaning and removal of graffiti, posters, etc. It penetrates the surface pores to minimise its effect on the appearance of the substrate and has minimal effect on the water vapour diffusion characteristics. As supplied, the product is ideally suited to the treatment of car-park decks and other trafficked areas, although it may be diluted on-site to provide a more cost-effective solution for the treatment of walls.
- Typically applied by brush, roller or spray in two coats to prevent water ingress.
- Contains an advanced blend of silane, siloxane and synthetic resins to give multi-functional protection.
- Low hazard, water-based product with no flash point. Equipment easily cleaned with water.
- Breathable – the pores of the substrate remain open and there is minimal effect on water vapour diffusion.
- Imparts oil & water repellency to mineral substrates. Enhances dirt resistance of low porosity natural stone.
- Treated surfaces are simpler to maintain with oil, grease, paint, graffiti or posters easily removed.