Mortar for Sealing the Surface Gap at the Interlock or Clutch between Piles
Cemprotec Clutch Filler is a uniquely formulated cementitious material for sealing the surface gap at the interlock or clutch between piles prior to the application of a Flexcrete cementitious anti-corrosion coating.
Cemprotec Clutch Filler is a two component, water based, epoxy and cementitious modified polymer mortar. It incorporates advanced cement chemistry, microsilica, fibre, epoxy and styrene acrylic copolymer technology to provide multi-functional protection with enhanced chemical resistance. When mixed, it can be applied with a pointing gun exhibiting a high degree of thixotropy to enable ease of application and filling of the void without sagging. It is specially formulated to chemically accelerate the passivation of ferrous metals even in the presence of chlorides and give maximum adhesion to steel.
- Materials are pre-packaged in a convenient and easy to handle size, requiring only mixing on site.
- A unique blend of surfactants enables easy application with a pointing gun. Gel structure breaks down under shear to ensure complete filling.
- Excellent adhesion to steel. Tolerant to lower levels of steel preparation, including chloride contamination.
- Self-priming, hydrates to provide an alkaline environment which chemically reacts with the substrate to accelerate the re-passivation of steel.
- Water-based product which cures without the release of hazardous solvents. Equipment easily cleaned with water.
The clutch filler shall be a two component, water based, epoxy and cementitious modified polymer mortar that incorporates microsilica, fibre, epoxy and styrene acrylic copolymer technology. It shall comply with the following performance specification:
- Compressive strength at 20°C of at least 21 MPa in 1 day and 50.5 MPa in 28 days
- Impermeable to water under 10 bar hydrostatic pressure such that a 2.0mm coating is equivalent to 6000mm of concrete
- Flexural strength at 28 days (20°C & 65% R.H) of at least 12.5 MPa in accordance with BS 4551
- Adhesive strength of at least 3MPa onto steel in accordance with BS 4551.
Flexcrete CPD Presentations
If you would like to find out more about Cemprotec Clutch Filler, and Flexcrete's other Products why not arrange a CPD Presentation.