Structural Concrete Repair Mortar for Marine and Tidal Areas (BBA)
Marine Mortar S is used for the structural repair and profiling of vertical, horizontal and overhead surfaces in marine and tidal areas which are subject to early immersion.
Marine Mortar S is a thixotropic, fibre reinforced, polymer modified, cementitious mortar with excellent cohesion for use in areas subject to early immersion. It cures rapidly to produce a high strength mortar with enhanced polymeric properties for the repair of voids in aggressive marine environments. Marine Mortar S is supplied as a two component system in pre-weighed quantities ready for on-site mixing and use, requiring no extra additions of water or aggregate and is suitable for application thicknesses up to 50mm.
- Pre-packaged material only requiring simple mixing
- Physical properties of cured materials are similar to base concrete
- Thixotropic mortar which allows easy trowel application whilst enabling high application thicknesses in both vertical and horizontal situations
- Low shrinkage and high bond strength ensure monolithic performance of the repair
- Fibre reinforced to improve tensile and impact strength. Superior to tensile strength of concrete. Excellent low sag properties
- Dense matrix provides excellent protection against the ingress of acid gases, moisture and chlorides
- Excellent resistance to wash-out soon after application
- Economic, polymer modified, fibre reinforced cementitious repair mortar
- Non toxic when cured.
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 3. Fully complies with the Highways Agency Standard BD 27/86 for the repair of Highway Structures. Approved by the BBA, Certificate No. 05/4276.
The repair mortar shall be a thixotropic, fibre reinforced, polymer modified, cementitious mortar, and shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-3 Class R4. It shall be BBA Certified and comply with the following performance specification:
- Compressive strength at 20°C of at least 15-20 MPa in 1 day and 50-60 MPa in 28 days
- Free plastic shrinkage of no more than 0.02% at 28 days
- Bond strength of 33-36 MPa in accordance with BS 6319 – Part 4 Slant Shear Method
- Impermeable to water under 10 bar hydrostatic pressure such that 10mm of mortar is equivalent to 3000mm of concrete.
Browse through some of the projects we’ve completed using Marine Mortar S.
Project Location: Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Flexcrete’s concrete repair and protection products have been specified to extend the life of the Commercial Quay marine structure in Wisbech.
Project Location: Dawlish Sea Wall, Dawlish Warren, Devon
Flexcrete provided a range of concrete repair and protection products for a 300m long sea wall in the popular holiday resort of Dawlish Warren.
Flexcrete CPD Presentations
If you would like to find out more about Marine Mortar S, and Flexcrete's other Products why not arrange a CPD Presentation.