Structural Concrete Repair Mortar for Marine and Tidal Areas (BBA)
Marine Mortar S is used for the structural repair and profiling of vertical, horizontal and overhead surfaces in marine and tidal areas which are subject to early immersion.
Marine Mortar S is a thixotropic, fibre reinforced, polymer modified, cementitious mortar with excellent cohesion for use in areas subject to early immersion. It cures rapidly to produce a high strength mortar with enhanced polymeric properties for the repair of voids in aggressive marine environments. Marine Mortar S is supplied as a two component system in pre-weighed quantities ready for on-site mixing and use, requiring no extra additions of water or aggregate and is suitable for application thicknesses up to 50mm.
- Pre-packaged material only requiring simple mixing
- Physical properties of cured materials are similar to base concrete
- Thixotropic mortar which allows easy trowel application whilst enabling high application thicknesses in both vertical and horizontal situations
- Low shrinkage and high bond strength ensure monolithic performance of the repair
- Fibre reinforced to improve tensile and impact strength. Superior to tensile strength of concrete. Excellent low sag properties
- Dense matrix provides excellent protection against the ingress of acid gases, moisture and chlorides
- Excellent resistance to wash-out soon after application
- Economic, polymer modified, fibre reinforced cementitious repair mortar
- Non toxic when cured.
CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 Part 3. Fully complies with the Highways Agency Standard BD 27/86 for the repair of Highway Structures. Approved by the BBA, Certificate No. 05/4276.
The repair mortar shall be a thixotropic, fibre reinforced, polymer modified, cementitious mortar, and shall be CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504-3 Class R4. It shall be BBA Certified and comply with the following performance specification:
- Compressive strength at 20°C of at least 15-20 MPa in 1 day and 50-60 MPa in 28 days
- Free plastic shrinkage of no more than 0.02% at 28 days
- Bond strength of 33-36 MPa in accordance with BS 6319 – Part 4 Slant Shear Method
- Impermeable to water under 10 bar hydrostatic pressure such that 10mm of mortar is equivalent to 3000mm of concrete.