Solutions for Bridge Repair and Maintenance
When subjected to the elements, even the most well designed concrete bridges need repair and protection in order to ensure that their intended design life can be achieved. Factors such as carbonation, free/thaw cycling and chloride attack can all lead to significant deterioration of precast and in-situ concrete, quickly leading to the corrosion of the steel reinforcement. In such instances, Flexcrete provides a one-stop refurbishment solution with a full range of engineering quality mortars and high performance cementitious and anti-carbonation coatings. Our products are CE marked in accordance with BS EN 1504 and meet the high performance standards required by Highways Agency Specification Clause 1770.
Solutions for Motorways & Highways Structures
Flexcrete offers practical, economic solutions which meet the needs of both existing motorway structures and new construction developments. Download our information sheet to find out more.Download File
Problems Experienced by Concrete Bridges
- Carbonation, leading to corrosion of the reinforcement and spalling of the concrete
- Chloride attack caused by exposure to de-icing salts
- Worn and damaged trafficked surfaces, requiring a fast-track, high strength solution
- Low concrete cover on new build constructions
- Honeycombing, blow-holes and surface voids caused by poor compaction or defects in the formwork
Concrete Bridge Repair & Maintenance Projects
Take a look below at some of Flexcrete’s latest concrete bridge repair & protection projects, or browse the project profile pages to find more.